EMCORE (EMKR) And San’an Optoelectronics Begin Joint Venture To Produce Concentrator PV Products

EMCORE just announced that it has entered into a joint venture with San’an Optoelectronics to develop, manufacture and distribute concentration photovoltaic receivers, modules and systems. EMCORE will own 40% of the JV company, which will be called Suncore Photovoltaics Co., Ltd. San’an Optoelectronics will own the remaining 60%.  The new company will set up its manufacturing facilities in Wuhu City, China, to take advantage of incentives provided by the city government.

===> Click Here For Your EMCORE Analysis

In a press release, Hong Q. Hou, President and CEO of EMCORE, commented on the joint venture:

“The formation of this joint venture represents a significant step in EMCORE’s business strategy towards introducing CPV products for terrestrial solar power applications in one of the fastest growing solar power markets. By commercializing EMCORE’s terrestrial Gen-III CPV systems through this low-cost manufacturing base, we believe EMCORE will be in position to gain significant advantages over competing terrestrial solar technologies. Furthermore, the joint venture provides an ideal platform to penetrate China’s emerging renewable energy market.”